The ECOOP 2020 program for student volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to premier international conference covering all areas of programming, object technology and other software development technologies. As an ECOOP 2020 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics, and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
ECOOP is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
In return, volunteers are granted free registration to the conferences and free access to plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops, and demos.
Call for contribution
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
Applicants must be available for at least four (4) full days between the 13th and 17th of July, and will be expected to provide 15 hours of volunteering work in that time.
- A complimentary conference registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Student volunteer garments.
Please note that ECOOP 2020 student volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and accommodation in Berlin.
The skills, talents, and dedication of the student volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the conference functions and social events. This includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as operating the information and registration desks.
Experience as a Student Volunteer will be considered, but is not required. We aim to recruit both returning and first-time Student Volunteers for ECOOP 2020.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- Be reliable, punctual, and organized,
- Be a self-starter.
To be considered as a Student Volunteer, please fill out the application form.
- The application deadline is Mon 13 April 2020 (notification: 20 Apr).
- The second deadline is Mon 8 June 2020 (notification: TBD).
Priority will be given to applications submitted by the first deadline. A limited number of applications received after the second deadline may be considered depending on need.
If you plan to attend ECOOP regardless of your Student Volunteer status, require a visa, and wish to apply for the second deadline, we highly recommend that you register for the conference as soon as possible. The visa will need your proof of registration for the conference. Should you receive a Student Volunteer offer, we can transfer your registration to the Student Volunteer status, and refund your registration. Please apply for visa as soon as you know you will attend, and the sooner you apply, the greater your likelihood of having it approved before the conference.
If you have any questions, please email us.
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing you this summer in Berlin!